Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Thankful Through The Trial

A continuation of my sister, Mindi Fredrick's, story.

As I sit here and marvel at the Providence of God, I was pondering a few verses and wanted to share them along with my thoughts.
I would never have asked for this path we've been on the last few months, but the blessings and mercies of God have been evidenced over and over. God knew just what he was doing when he placed us here, and He's taking care of us through this to bring us out better on the other side.
I'm so glad that God doesn't just let me wander blindly in my own wisdom, but intercedes oftentimes and nudges us towards his perfect will for our lives. The potter knows the clay, weak as I am, He still wants to use me.
For any of you who read my testimony on my sister’s blog , you know that I like everything planned to the minutest detail and things in perfect order. However, we all know life isn’t like that.
Finances was usually my biggest worry until these recent events have shown me what isn’t really important.
It amazes me that every need has been supplied even though we keep “getting down to the bottom of the barrel”. I was thinking about the widow that fed Elijah (I Kings 17:12-16). She wouldn’t have realized how much of a miracle it was every day had she not seen the bottom of that barrel each time she scraped out for that meal’s portion. The same situation occurred with the manna (Exodus 16). God gave them enough provision for each day (excepting the day before the Sabbath of course). This "pattern" was repeated in the Bible in different situations.
I wonder sometimes why God hands out just enough, rather than “lump sums”. Why not give everything that we will need for our lives in large doses. Well, then this came to mind.
Proverbs 30:7-9- Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die: Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.
I think it’s the lottery/credit card mentality that we all seem to have as Americans. If I could just …. right now. God knows that like the Prodigal Son (Luke 15), we’d simply waste it and not see each provision as a miracle and God’s blessing on us. So he hands it out, little by little, as we need it.
I thank God for the handfuls of purpose that he has continually used to meet our needs as they arise. God has certainly shown himself to us in so many ways these past few months.
We pray that He will bless all of you as much as he is blessing us right now.
Psalm 50:10-15, 23- For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine. If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof. Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.
Just sharing my thoughts about my AMAZING GOD! Hope you're having a blessed day!

PS - Dave's tube feeding is being delivered today. My insurance approved covering it! PRAISE THE LORD!!!

To view their story, get updates, or help out, please visit their site at YouCaring.