Virgin coconut oil has a very stable shelf life naturally, and it's composed of medium chain fatty acids. These fatty acids are considered saturated fats. Now, before you write this product off there are a few things you should know about saturated fat:
1) Saturated fatty acids make up at least 50% of cell membranes.
2) They play a huge role in the health of our bones.
3) They lower our chances of heart disease.
4) They can protect the liver and enhance the immune system.
5) They are the preferred food of the heart.
Virgin Coconut oil is an antimicrobial, so it helps your digestive tract keep in balance with it flora. It also fights against Candida (a serious yeast overgrowth in the body).
The best brand is Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil. Their website has other products, as well as a recipe section.
The guy in the video is a little goofy, but he gives a few different ways to use the coconut oil. My favorite besides putting it in my coffee is using it as a hair oil. It works better than hot oil treatments, and gets rid of tangles better than conditioners!