Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Monday, August 3, 2015

I Know This Face (poem)

Where have I seen this face before now?
So familiar, it seems, but I don't know how.
I should remember this face from the past,
But o're my memory a shadow is cast.

There's something remarkable about this face.
Then why should I find it so hard to place?
Did we sit a table? Did we break the fast?
Did he win the race in which I finished last?

Some things like that it's not hard to forget.
Did he blow out fire that I had just lit?
Wait! Now I remember! He's just bowed the knee.
He prays to my Jesus, here, just like me.

A brother, beloved, he has turned out to be!
Memory now has returned unto me.
Now I can place this remarkable face-
We were introduced at God's Throne of Grace.

CLT