Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The New Song (poem)

There is a song I want to sing--
Or want to learn to sing;
It is a song of praise to Thee,
Jesus, my Lord and King.

Oh teach me all its varied notes,
Its hidden melody,
Till I have learned to sing by heart,
This song of praise to Thee.

I want to sing, while yet on earth,
The tender, thankful strain
Of saints, who gladly near Thy throne,
Make Thee their song's refrain.

For though I am not yet a saint,
And though my praises ring
From an encumbered earthly soul,
I love the strains to sing.

And well I love, I know I love,
Though truly not as they,
Thee, blessed Jesus whom I praise
Feebly on earth to--day;

While there's a song I want to sing--
Or want to learn to sing;
A blessed song of love to Thee,
Jesus, my Lord and King.

~ Elizabeth Prentiss