Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

My Schizophrenic Life

If every Christian is honest, they will admit that they have a mild case of schizophrenia. We each have an old nature (the flesh) and a new nature (the spirit). And, these two natures are in a constant struggle to come out on top!
Romans 7:21-23- I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
This constant battle between what we should do and what we want to do can really wear us down. It can make a Christian feel that it's hopeless to battle with what we should be and what we are.
Romans 7:15, 24- For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Galatians 5:17- 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
But, don't feel defeated yet, Christian. All is not lost! Paul answered us on how we can have a victorious Christian life while living in this cursed flesh.
Galatians 5:16- This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Romans 13:14- But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
Walk in the Spirit, and don't make provision for the flesh.
Many times we keep that one besetting sin close to us. We have it right there to fall back on when we are having a rough day or a terrible temptation. And then we complain that walking in the Spirit is too hard. But, the truth is that we made it easy for the flesh to conveniently get what it wants.
We need to make it inconvenient for the flesh to get it's way. Don't keep the thing in your house, or your car. Make your flesh have to work hard to get away with sin.
Romans 8:18-  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Yes, some times it feel like suffering when we don't give the flesh it's way, but we have been promised a great reward if we just keep fighting!
He is right there helping us through our struggles. Both Christ and the Holy Spirit are praying for you and interceding on your behalf to God the Father. And when things get rough, He will give us a way out!
Romans 8:26-27, 34- Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
I Corinthians 10:13- There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
So, just keep fighting Christian. You may lose a battle here or there, but you are promised Victory over the war.
I Corinthians 15:51-54, 58 - Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
One day, all of these troubles, trials, sufferings, heartaches, and failures will be a distant memory. And, we will either praise the Lord that we kept fighting through His grace, or we'll hang our heads in shame that we gave in so easily to the lusts of this wicked flesh.
I Corinthians 15:57- But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 8:31- What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?