Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Healthy Minute- First Aid Kit for Mom

As a mom, I constantly find myself playing doctor or nurse with one of my little ones. It's amazing how many times there's a cut or a scrape, a fever or a sore throat. It seems every time I turn around there's a need for a bandaid or medicine.
As a wife and woman, I sometimes need to get my husband an antacid or find myself some headache medicine. And, we're not always at home when it's needed- my purse has never been one of those small clutches!
The most aggravating thing is trying to find a med-kit that supplies all my needs for on-the-go care.
So, I've had to build my own over the years. It changes as the years go by and the children grow, but some things remain constant.
If you have a specific health problem, then always pack some of those medicines for emergency purposes- inhalers for asthma, insulin and glucose for diabetes, blood pressure or heart medicines, etc.
I thought I'd share with you the things that I find most important to keep on hand in my "Mommy Med-Kit":

  • Pepto Bismol
  • Pepcid Complete or Tums
  • Gas X
  • Benadryl
  • Dramamine
  • Sudafed PE Day and Night (or some day/ night version of cold medicine)
  • Tylenol
  • Ibuprofen
  • Excedrin
  • Midol or other Menstrual Cramp medicine
  • Allergy Eye Drops
  • Cough Drops
  • Inhaler
  • Sunscreen
  • Insect repellent wipes
  • Antiseptic (usually hydrocortizone cream and triple antibiotic ointment)
  • Burn Cream (usually something with silver in it)
  • Bandaids of various sizes and purposes
  • Gauze Pads and/ or Roll
  • Medical tape
  • Elastic Bandage Wrap
  • Instant cold pack compress (if I can fit it in)
  • Safety Pins (big ones that you'd use for cloth diapers)
  • Scissors 
  • Good metal tweezers
  • Tissue travel pack 
  • A couple female pads and liners (tampons if you use those)

Many times you can find small travel containers or packets of most of these items. Keeping them all together in an easily organizable bag really helps. If you don't carry a large purse or diaper bag, you may want to keep something in your car- just make sure your materials won't melt in the heat.