Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Seeing Past The Lies (poem)

How dumb was I? I could not see
He pulled His same ol' trickery.
He made the fruit to seem so pure;
He dressed the poison as a cure.
He made it joyful, jolly, and fun,
But wrapped in ribbon was a loaded gun!
Trapped like mice and never caring,
We didn't know what we were sharing.
But God has made a way to find
All of the lies that's left behind.
Some will not look, nor want to know
That they are mingling with the foe.
But I, for one, have seen the light
And so must turn and do what's right!
It's hard to leave some things behind,
But God renews my weary mind.
My spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak;
I'll lay it all at Jesus feet.
An urge to you-- A challenge I bring-
That you must question EVERYTHING.

-Rena Kay McGuire