Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Sunday, April 4, 2021

Alone In The Dark (poem)

 A Christian told me about Christ's gift
And of his imminent return.
How I had a choice to make-
Repent and turn or burn.

I laughed at him and walked away,
The story couldn't possibly be real!
Then all the Christians disappeared,
And I learned I'd missed the deal.

I grabbed a Bible and read the last book;
The horrors that would unfold.
God's wrath would fall and destroy the earth.
I wish I'd listened when I was told!

The plants and trees will become scarce.
The animals and fish will die.
I'll struggle to find food to eat,
Why did I believe the lie?

Natural disasters will grow much worse.
The sun will refuse to shine.
Plagues will rampage across the land.
Alone, I was left behind.

A united world will emerge;
It will seem like a dream come true.
One establishment for all mankind,
World peace would then ensue.

A pact would begin with good intent,
But be broken before it's time.
Bloodshed, famine, war, and death,
Darkness of heart and mind.

I cried aloud, "Please, one more chance!
Don't leave me alone to this fate!"
The silence I hear fills me with fear,
I didn't listen- It's far too late.

I'm alone in the darkness,
Who can lead me in the way?
How can I survive this hell?
I'll read the Bible and pray.

Obey the commandments that Moses gave,
Believe on Jesus whom God did send.
Be willing to die for the truth I ignored,
I'll try to endure to the end.

-JCT