Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Monday, May 3, 2021

Out Of The Depths (poem)

 It makes the wounded spirit whole,

And calms the troubled breast;

'Tis manna to the hungry soul,

And to the weary rest.


Dear Name! the Rock on which I build

My Shield and Hiding-place;

My never-failing Treasury fill'd

With boundless stores of grace.


By Thee my prayers acceptance gain,

Although with sin defiled;

Satan accuses me in vain,

And I am own'd a child.


Jesus! my Shepherd, Husband, Friend,

My Prophet, Priest, and King;

My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,

Accept the praise I bring.


Weak is the effort of my heart,

And cold my warmest thought;

But when I see Thee as Thou art,

I'll praise Thee as I ought.


Till then I would Thy love proclaim

With every fleeting breath;

And may the music of Thy Name

Refresh my soul in death!


—John Newton