Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Arise, My Soul, With Rapture Rise (poem)

 Arise, my soul, with rapture rise,

And, fill'd with love and fear, adore

The awful Sovereign of the skies,

Whose mercy lends me one day more.


And may this day, indulgent Power,

Not idly pass, nor fruitless be;

But may each swiftly-flying hour

Still nearer bring my soul to Thee.


But can it be? That Power Divine

Is throned in light's unbounded blaze;

And countless worlds and angels join

To swell the glorious song of praise.


And will He deign to lend an ear,

When I, poor sinful mortal, pray?

Yes, boundless goodness! He will hear,

Nor cast the meanest wretch away.


Then let me serve Thee all my days,

And may my zeal with years increase;

For pleasant, Lord, are all Thy ways,

And all Thy paths are paths of peace.


-Samuel Francis Smith