Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

The King James Bible and the Bible Code

The Bible Code is a unique phenomenon found in the Hebrew Torah. This code was discovered in the early 1990's and was published in an academic journal in 1994 and 1999. It was discovered that encoded in the words on the Masoretic text were significant historic events, basically encrypted information in the arrangement of the letters in a text grid. Rips and Witztum and Yoav Rosenberg designed a computer program that could automatically arrange the letters in this manner and then search for  requested words. Harold Gans, a Cryptologic Mathematician, also ran an experiment with the code and found some pretty mind-blowing things.

As a Bible believer, I know that God has put some very interesting things inside of the Scriptures for those who have the ability and desire to search them out. I am not one with the ability, but I do have the desire. I believe that the King James Bible translators were used by God to translate the Scriptures into the language of the common man, making the Scriptures available to all who could read.

There is something about the King James 1611 translation that is different from all the translations before it and all the versions that have come out after it. Let me just give you this little tid-bit.

Psalms 12:6-7- The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

The Scriptures say that the words of the LORD (Jehovah) are purified seven times in the furnace of earth. What do you think that means? Well, let me show you some interesting historical facts.

There are seven major languages that the Originals went through:
  • Hebrew
  • Aramaic
  • Greek
  • Syriac
  • Latin
  • German 
  • English
The English version of the Bible went through seven main translations:
  • Wycliffe’s Bible
  • Tyndale's Bible
  • Matthew’s Bible
  • Great Bible
  • Geneva Bible
  • Bishop's Bible
  • King James Bible
Note: I do not include Coverdale’s Bible because he used Luther’s German Bible to translate from instead of Greek and Hebrew manuscripts.

The King James Bible translators cross-checked various sources of the Scriptures when translating to ensure that not only the words, but also the meaning was translated correctly. It's the first translation of the entire Bible to have chapter and verse AND no included opinions from the translators. Plus, it has no copyright. Anyone can quote, use, write the King James Bible without having to pay a person or a corporation for that right.

The King James Bible has also gone through seven different editions where they corrected misprints, used standardized spelling, and change typesetting:
  • Original 1611 using London text and Old English Spelling and typesetting (included the apocrypha in the center between the two testaments)
  • 1629- Cambridge text to correct misprints
  • 1638- Cambridge text to correct spelling and punctuation
  • 1752- correcting to modern standardized spelling and grammatical construction by the Universities of Oxford and Cambridge
  • 1760- updated to standard Oxford text (example: using v instead of u) and italications
  • 1769- updated standardization of spelling and punctuation
  • 1804- removal of apocrypha from the Bible
Example of updated edition from 1611 to 1769- I Corinthians 13:1-3 

[1611 edition] 
1. Though I speake with the tongues of men & of Angels, and haue not charity, I am become as sounding brasse or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And though I haue the gift of prophesie, and vnderstand all mysteries and all knowledge: and though I haue all faith, so that I could remooue mountaines, and haue no charitie, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestowe all my goods to feede the poore, and though I giue my body to bee burned, and haue not charitie, it profiteth me nothing.

[1769 edition] 
1. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

I'm certain that you could find more if you put forth the time to study this phenomenon. And, this is just one instance. Now, if the Hebrew Old Testament could contain such amazing details encoded in the text, then why not God's perfect preserved Word in the English language? 

Well, someone has been able to create the program required to search these things out. And, below you'll find some videos of what one person, using this program, has been able to find.