Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Friday, May 3, 2024

Twas The Last Days Of Laodicea (poem)

‘Twas the last days of Laodicea, when all through the land
The church goers were lukewarm, and none would take a stand;
The preachers had big churches, pretty sermons, and college degrees,
While the members had poison Bibles, the Internet, and big-screen TV’s;
So, not much spiritual work was really ever done,
Not much praise and glory really went to God’s dear Son;
Of course there were some soldiers who just wouldn’t give in,
Who still believed the Bible, and who still hated sin;
But most lay idle on their lukewarm beds
While visions of the world danced on in their heads;
Some dreamed of money and material gain,
Some dreamed of power and praise for their name;
Some dreamed of living for carnal sins
While the rest dreamed of recreation, entertainment, and trends;
The Bible soon became an unknown book
For to its holy pages few would ever look;
So all true Christians were hated and despised
By the proud Laodiceans with the lofty eyes;
The true believers still remained faithful to their Lord
By putting on His armor and wielding His sword,
But most pressed on in their worldly ways,
Groping in the dark and wasting their days;
But then something happened in the northeastern skies
That changed everything with an awesome surprise;
A bright door flew open, and with a great shout
Like the sound of a trumpet, I heard my name called out!
Some said it thundered, while others didn’t know,
But I knew very well – it was my time to go;
Time to meet my Lord and leave this world behind,
Time for my new body, for sinlessness to find;
Time for my reward, time to get my crown,
No one saw me looking back as my feet left the ground!
I’m glad I trusted Jesus, glad I bore my cross,
Glad I didn’t drop my sword and suffer endless loss;
Now I’ll reign forever, as God makes all things new,
No sickness, no sorrow, no dying, because His word is true;
So don’t bother looking for me; I’m now in a better place,
Not because I’m worthy, just because of His saving grace.