Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Monday, May 5, 2014

When His Ways Are Not My Ways (poem)


I'm standing in a trying place unsure of what to do.
God has His will and He has His way
And I'm suppose to submit to Him each day.
But His Ways are not my ways.

I'm standing in a trying place and searching for the end.
God wants one thing and I want another,
And I don't think we understand each other.
His Ways are not my ways.

I'm standing in a trying place looking at the sin.
I know God wants me to walk away,
But I think the consequences I'll pay.
Because His Ways are not my ways.

Years later, I'm in a trying place, a place of my own making.
God said "no, it isn't the time."
I took what I wanted. I made it mine.
His Ways wouldn't be my ways.

I'm living the consequences of my ways-
The loss of joy and sleepless nights.
Tons of pain and endless fights.
I wish I'd made His Ways my ways.

I'm in a trying place and I chose to be here.
I didn't know the price I'd pay.
I didn't know God's peace I'd slay.
I should have made His Way my way.

Friend, if you're in a trying place and don't know what to do.
Listen to God and accept His will.
Obey His Word, His Way fulfill.
Make His Ways your Way!

-JCT