Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Funny Happenings- Accents


Every person in my family seems to have a different accent. My sister has a slight southern accent, while her husband from Michigan has a distinct Northern Michigander accent.
The same with my family. My husband has the New Orleans metro accent. There are certain words that he says that you can hear it. My son has the New Orleans 9th Ward accent, which is reminiscent of Phillie or Boston.
Then there's my middle daughter, who every now and again whips out Southern Drawl like it was natural.
The other day she was trying to write something and it was stumping her. She looked at me and said, "Mama, how do you spell ford?"
I told her, "F-O-R-D"
She wrote it down, looked at it and said, "No, like lean ford."
Laughing, I replied, "We pronounce that word forward!"