Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Funny Happenings- Teaching Our Children

I try so very hard to teach my children as much as I can. They get little snippets about health, proper English, science, and other things all the time. I'm especially known for yelling out "That's a lie!" whenever something about evolution comes on the television.
Evolution is being pumped into our children through school, cartoons, movies, and even commercials. Whenever it starts talking about millions of years ago my kids know I'm about to reprove the tv.
I am also very big on health. I buy this natural salt that hasn't been bleached. It has these really pretty flecks of blue and pink and other colors in the container. The outside of the container, however, is filled with junk about how this salt was made through millions of years of blah, blah, blah.
One day, we came to the table for dinner to find that my oldest daughter had taken a permanent marker to the salt container. My husband picked it up, looked at it and said, "Why did you do this?"
My daughter responds, "Because it was full of evolution lies."
My husband just kinda blinked at her and then turns to see me with tears in my eyes. "And what's wrong with you!?!" he asks.
I squeaked out, "I'm just so proud of her right now!"