Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Keeping On (poem)

I've dreamed many dreams that never came true,
I saw them vanish at dawn.
But, I've realized enough of my dreams
To make me keep dreaming on.

I've prayed many prayers to which no answer came
Though I waited patient and long.
But, answers have come to enough of my prayers
To help me keep praying on.

I have trusted many a friend who failed
And left me to weep alone;
But, I've found enough of my friends to be true
To make me keep trusting on.

I've sown many seeds that fell by the way
For the birds to feed upon;
But, I've held enough golden sheaves in my hand
To help me keep sowing on.

I've spoken many a careless, thoughtless word,
And suffered remorse for the wrong;
But, cheer and a smile brought by words worth while,
Have made me keep speaking on.

I've written many verses and rhymes
That were soon forgotten and gone;
But, the joys just a few of them made in life
Have made me keep writing on.

Many blotches I've made in the great book of life,
As the pages turn on and on;
But, I find enough beauty in each turning page
To make me keep turning on.

I've drained the cup of disappointment and pain
And gone many days without a song;
But, I've sipped enough nectar from the roses of life
To make me want to live on.

-Author Unknown