Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Monday, April 3, 2017

If This Should Be My Last Year (poem)

If this should be the last year
That I shall know on earth,
I would not want to spend it
In carelessness and mirth.

I would each passing moment
Might glorify my Lord,
That I might know Him better
And feed upon His Word.

I would be more in earnest
Seeking for the lost,
As one redeemed by Jesus,
Bought at such a cost!

I would grow ever like Him,
Whose name I have confessed;
I would be more compassionate
To those who are distressed.

And this may be my last year,
I cannot tell for sure;
But I would live as if it were,
His "Well done" to secure.

-H. A. Ironside