Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Sunday, June 4, 2023

The Hormone Cure (book review)

 I have just finished reading two books by Sara Gottfried. The first was The Hormone Cure and the second was The Hormone Reset Diet.

The first thing I noticed was that we aren't really told much about hormones or how they affect our daily lives. Most people think that Testosterone is the boy hormone and Estrogen and Progesterone are the girl hormones. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

I have been having some hormone problems because I'm entering that lovely season of life known as perimenopause. This is where your once strategically functioning hormones start to malfunction. It's been happening for thousands of years as women near the next season of life known as menopause where the hormones basically drop to almost nothing.

After reading the first book, I was very interested in learning more about her diet that she recommends to help regulate your hormones. I'll admit the first book left me confused about which of my hormones were misfiring. Why? Because they kinda overlap and it's hard to nail down which one(s) are causing your symptoms.

I decided to read and try the reset diet (blog post to come) to see how I could help my hormones. I understand that a reset diet won't bring my body back to my 20's where my energy was amazing and my metabolism was the bomb! But, perhaps I could calm the tumult that was churning.

Whether you try the diet or not, I highly recommend both books. They give you a ton of good information for whatever stage of life you are in. And suggestions on natural ways to help if you are having any hormonal problems, are taking any form of birth control, or are just looking to calm the side effects of your fluctuating hormones.