Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Thursday, September 3, 2026

Ode To The iPhone (poem)

 Oh iPhone, my iPhone! I love thee to date,
We’ve spent so much time together of late.
You’ve opened my eyes to the ways of the world,
To manifold things, that never grow old!
When I awake you’re the first thing I see,
As you’re always there, right next to me.

Whenever I want, I can tap into you’re power,
At any time of the day, or hour.
You’re ready always to make sure that I see,
The many temptations waiting for me.
Daily you grant me to indulge in the lust,
Of the lascivious things you place in my trust;
And the covetous spirit, that excites within,
Takes hold on my mind as I fall into sin.

Oh iPhone, my iPhone!
You’re as wondrous as can be!
You’ve carried my heart to the depths of depravity.
Depravity I say….but it’s not a sin;
For the Prince of the Air, has comforted me within,
To ensure that my flesh is at ease in this state;
With it’s natural inclines, who can debate?

Each day as my flesh grows stronger with you,
I have no need of the Spirit life I once knew.
That Spirit life which fades day by day,
And sometimes I wonder if I’ve lost my way.
But there you are, to distract my mind,
Lest I should fall back into faithful inclines.
Those old ways, I’ve lost patience for,
And communing with family has become such a bore.

A Snap or a Reel, a Tok or a Gram,
All that you show me, is everything I am!
The walls of my room have enclosed this domain,
As my parents sit back and scorn with disdain.
But they don’t understand how my needs have changed,
As they ponder the cause and seek whom to blame.
It’s just a new world, with new ways you see,
And I think there’s a scripture that calls it, “Laodicia-e…?”

We had a good time, when I was a child,
But now I just wish they’d let me sit idle;
That I may enjoy my communing with thee,
Oh iPhone, my iPhone, it’s you I seek to please!
I dedicate my time and devotion to you,
As you’re always there to tell me what’s true.
Truth as far as the world is concerned;
But that’s what I long for, that’s what I yearn.

There once was a truth, that I used to adore,
But that has also become such a bore;
And I have no desire to seek it anymore.
Oh iPhone, my iPhone! I’m so glad that we met!
Before you came along, I used to regret,
The things in my life that weren’t quite right;
But now I indulge, with my conscience aright,
And I feel no need to put up a fight!

Of this I can attest is absolute bliss!
(What was that….did I just hear a hiss?)
Oh, never mind, as it matters not,
It’s time to indulge in the things that are not;
And get to myself yet another blot.

Oh iPhone, my iPhone!
I have no greater need,
Than to pay full attention, to the things that you heed.
I’ll do what you say, and say what you do,
I’m always ready and willing to make my defense of you;
To prove to those people who don’t understand,
How great you can be, while their lives are so bland!

Oh iPhone, my iPhone! I bid you goodnight,
My parents are waiting and growing uptight.
They want me to come and kiss them goodnight;
But what I really want, is to hold you tight,
And to embrace your wonders, all through the night.
And when the day breaks, in the early Dawn,
When I awake with a dramatic yawn;
Again will I gaze into your blackish screen,
With a slumbering grip, I’ll press all your keys,
And will delight to start my day with thee!

-Dina Keough