Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Modern Woman (poem)

I am a modern woman with a selfish way of life.
I am pretty and I'm witty and sometimes I make strife.
I lure a man into my web, and make him become "my guy",
And then I start to manipulate him with all my little lies.
I have needs that must be met, and make sure everyone knows
That what I want and what I need are the only thing that goes.
I'll emotionally manipulate and sometimes demand my way,
If he wants a "happy life", he'd better learn to obey!
I'll strut my stuff and dress to impress. I'll catch other men's gaze.
If my man gets jealous, Oh well! He should have given me praise.
My body should be flaunted, and my desires should be met.
Everything I think I want is what I'm sure to get.
My job should come before yours; my career should be a success!
If he has to give up what he wants- I really couldn't care less!
He'll learn that what I want is fickle and changes with my mood,
But if he dares to point it out, I'll give it to him good!
And once my man can no longer give me what I think I deserve,
I'll give him an ultimatum and if he will no longer serve;
Then this relationship is over, I'll drop the stinking rat!
I'll tell him, "I don't love you anymore" and that's the end of that!
I'll whine to all my girlfriends about how terrible he could be.
They'll never know he got that way by trying to please me.
And after I've ruined my relationship and destroyed that silly man,
I'll do it to another guy- I'm a modern day woman!
 
-JCT