Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Just Take One More Step (poem)


There are sometimes that this old battle gets so weary.
And it feels there’s no more strength to carry on.
It's then I gently hear my Savior whisper to me.
My child look to the cross for I’ve already won. 

Why don’t you just take one more step my dear soldier.
And don’t lay down the sword that’s in your hand.
It won’t be long until the battle will be over.
So in Jesus Christ do all you can to stand.

Oh my fellow Soldier take my hand if you must.
We will fight this raging battle side by side.
If our God be for us who can be against us.
So remember that we’re on the winning side.

In this battle you must remember just this one thing.
For the carnal mind will lead you straight to death.
When your marching in the Spirit then you can sing.
To be spiritually minded is life, joy, peace and rest.

2 Timothy 2:3-4, Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
- Ruth Faunce