Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Healthy Minute- Frankincense OIl

About ten years back, after Hurricane Katrina had devastated all the parishes and counties around us, we found a small scorpion in our church. It was crawling across the floor. The pastor caught it in a jar and we all ogled it for quite a while.
Later, I looked up scorpion stings and how to deal with them. The pain is excruciating and can last for 3 days. It's supposedly felt all over the body, not just at the injection site. IF you go to the hospital for the "anti-toxin" it costs around $1,500. Since we didn't have insurance I was hoping there was another way to deal with it. I ran across a blog in my research where a woman had treated her scorpion sting with frankincense oil. She says it stopped the pain within seconds! I was intrigued and wanted to know more of what this interesting "Christmas" oil could do.
I was amazed to discover that, not only did it help with pain, but it fought cancer, relieved inflammation, reduced stress, and even helped to boost the immune system. But, that's not the end of it.  It also protects skin cells, helping with acne and wrinkles, and it's antiseptic properties makes it a wonderful "go to" for cuts, scrapes, and bruises.
Since it can be ingested it helps with dental problems such as tooth decay, oral infections, and bad breath. Adding it to some homemade toothpaste would be beneficial! And don't worry about accidentally swallowing it, because it helps with digestive problems. IBS, PMS, even constipation can be helped by this amazing oil.
I wonder if Mary understood what an amazing gift the wise men had given her? Because, until I did my research, I never knew!
The video below combines frankincense and myrrh. Since they're commonly thought of together at Christmas time I thought it was appropriate. :)