Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Thursday, September 1, 2022

We Shall Reap

Sometimes life seems impossible. It feels more than difficult, and we wonder why we must continue on. If you have ever felt this way you are not alone. There are many who experience this emotion in life.
I want to show you why you shouldn't quit,

Galatians 6:7-9- Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

We shall reap answers. 
One day all our questions will be answered. We will no longer wonder why. We will understand why God allowed us to go through what we did.
I Corinthians 13:9-10,12- For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
It may seem like you cannot possibly keep going. But if God is allowing you to endure something then you can rest assured that He won't leave your side while you're going through it!
Romans 8:18- For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Hidden struggles and victories will be revealed.
It may feel as though no one notices. You may work yourself to the bone without any recognition, but I promise you that God takes notice. 
Psalm 56:8- Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?
Job 14:17- My transgression is sealed up in a bag, and thou sewest up mine iniquity.
Job 19:23- Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!
God has the hairs of your head numbered! He takes the time to catch every tear drop, to seal up every sin, and to record every word. He sees what you are doing!

Faithfulness will be commended.
When we continue to put one foot in front of another, when we keep doing right even though we strive alone, when we persist even when we are tired and weary, He promises our works will be acknowledged.
Mark 9:41- For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
Do it for Christ's sake. Endure it for His glory. Press on faithfully in His service. Because He promises that the scales will eventually be balanced.
Colossians 3:23-24- And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

Our labors will be rewarded.
You can go on! Don't give up. You have so many precious promises from God to help you through it.
I Corinthians 15:58- Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
Not only in this life, but also in the next.
A glorified body- I Corinthians 15:49, 52- And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
A perfect mansion in a holy city- John 14:2- In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. Revelation 21:10, 23- And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
A new heaven and earth- Revelation 21:1, 5- And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Just keep going; it will be worth it all- God has promised!