Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Funny Happenings- Wearing Glasses

My mother recently recounted a story to me about my father.
My father, Robert, worked construction for the Maxwell family when he was a teenager. He liked to hang around with the family, and he was friends with most of it's members. He especially liked the younger daughter, Melody.
Melody was your typical curious child. So, it wasn't odd for her to be interested in the fact that my dad wore glasses. He had these thick glasses to correct his eyesight. Melody noticed that he always wore them.
One day, she climbed into his lap and questioned, "Why do you wear those?"
"They help me to see." my father responded as he took them off and handed them to her to examine.
Melody turned them this way and that and then looked my dad straight. After a moment, she spit right in his face.
He sat there shocked for a bit and then asked, "Why did you do that?!?!"
Melody shrugged and replied, "It worked for Jesus!"