Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Funny Happenings- Eating Bugs

Living in the South allows us a rather diverse palate. We enjoy a variety of ethnic foods, including Cajun. A lot of Cajun cooking incorporates seafood into the dishes, and because of this my children are use to eating a variety of fish and shellfish.
While over at my brother's-in-law house we were enjoying some of the local seafood. He and my husband were cracking open oysters to grill with butter, garlic, and parmesean cheese. Inside I had cut up some french bread, and was working on beheading, peeling, and deveining the shrimp. We were going to put them on some kabob poles and wrap them in bacon to grill.
My little nephew came in and watched me for a second and then asked, "What are you doing to those bugs?"
I chuckled a little and told him that I was getting them ready to cook. He had eaten shrimp before in many different dishes, but had never seen them in their original "fresh" state.
About 5 minutes later he walks up to me again with a puzzled look on his face and questioned, "What do bugs taste like?"