Sometimes the devil doesn't tempt us with evil; sometimes he allures us with good, distracts us with obligations, confuses us with compromise, or hinders us with business to keep us from that which is best- service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! Remember, the devil always offers his best, before Christ will offer His will for your life.

Monday, March 2, 2015

Funny Happenings- Hotels

My husband and I recently stayed in a hotel for the night. We arrived after 11pm and were pretty exhausted from our drive. Both of us wanted to go straight to bed.
It was pretty cold outside, but my husband can't sleep without background noise so he turned on the air conditioner fan. We climbed into the king sized bed and drifted off to lala land.
Around 5am, my husband woke up to go to to bathroom. It was a bit chilly in our room and I am always cold! Thinking of me waking up and trying to get dressed shivering, he walked over and turned the unit to heat. Then, he proceeded to the bathroom.
The unit apparently hadn't been turned to heat in at least a year, if not more. The dust on the coil started to burn giving that funny smell. Then, the smoke alarm went off!
I sat bolt upright in bed, and along with other hotel guests (I'm sure) wondered what was happening. My husband emerged from the bathroom to the sound and the look on my face. The only thing going through my head while staring at the man was "What did you eat?!?!"